Kennesaw is a beautiful city in Georgia which is also widely regarded as one of the safest cities in the entire state. The city has an abundance of nature and it is considered one of the must-visit cities in Georgia. Over the past couple of years, Kennesaw has turned out to be a massive hit with travelers and wanderlust seekers mainly because the city has a great landscape replete with parks, trails, and other visually appealing attractions.
One thing can be said without the slightest shred of doubt that the next time you are in Kennesaw, you will never really run out of fun things to do because the city keeps on giving and offering fun and exciting things for the travelers to do. Read on further to know the best things to do in Kennesaw.
- Explore the absolute grandeur of nature at Smith-Gilbert Gardens: – If you intend to explore the best that nature has to offer in Kennesaw, then you should visit the Smith-Gilbert Gardens, the main part of your overall itinerary. Make no mistake; the Smith-Gilbert Garden is not like any other garden meant to provide some peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. This is actually an established collector’s garden and boasts of thousands of (3000, till the last count) species of trees as well flora. An overwhelming majority of these trees and flora are unique to not just the state but intact the country itself! Over the past couple of years, the popularity of this garden has soared exponentially and many well-traveled people have labeled it as a ‘Hidden Gem’. If you want to visit something to escape the stressful hustle and bustle of the city, then Smith-Gilbert Gardens is the place where you need to be! Whether you want to go alone and want to go with your family and friends, a visit to Smith-Gilbert Gardens, is undoubtedly one of the best things to do in Kennesaw.
- Get your adrenaline pumping at Adventure Air Sport:- Kennesaw might otherwise seem like a very peaceful and serene city but don’t let your initial impressions fool you too much. We stated earlier that the city of Kennesaw has something to offer for just about anyone and we were not exaggerating when we said this. If you happen to be an air sports fanatic or have always wanted to explore air sports then you must visit Adventure Air Sports in Kennesaw’s Town Plaza. Adventure Air Sports is an indoor trampoline venue and it offers all the visitors lots of opportunities to enjoy the best that the niche of air sports has to offer, in a very peaceful and serene environment. This place has a lot to offer for just about anyone. Kids and adults will equally love this place and might fall in love with one of the many star attractions at this venue from the trampolines to the ninja warrior obstacle course to the bouldering wall. Visiting the Adventure Air Sports facility is hands-down one of the best things to do in Kennesaw as it can offer you a unique experience, the likes of which you might not have experienced previously in your life.
- Enjoy a football game at Noonday Park:- If you have ticked off all the things in your itinerary and want to try something different then you can head over to Noonday Park to enjoy a game of football with your pals. Chances are that you would have already done this, much earlier, if you happen to be a football fanatic like millions of other American adults. Noonday is an excellent place to visit. It’s a lush green public park that has over a dozen football and soccer fields. The setting of the park is excellent and the surrounding areas make up for an awesome ambiance. If you are into biking then you can head over to this park and check out their excellent paved BMX track and try out biking in a serene atmosphere. This park, just like the rest of Kennesaw, has something to offer for just about anyone. If your kids accompany you then there are a lot of things in the park to hold their attention like swings and slides. The pavilion of the park can facilitate a very peaceful and memorable picnic so you can consider visiting the park with your family too.
Also Read: What is UPI and how does it work?
Other exciting things to do in Kennesaw
- Enjoy the best chicken wings in all of Atlanta, at Anchor Bar which is widely regarded as one of the best sports bars in the entire state of Georgia
- Experience the many thrills of roller skating at Kennesaw Skatepark
- Holiday Shopping at the Town Center in Cobbs
- Experience nature in all of its grandeur and bliss at Leone Hall Price Park
- Enjoy bowling at the Bowlero Kennesaw
- Have the best night out at Kennesaw’s famous Subourbon Rock & Oyster Bar
- Go for a hike on Kennesaw Mountain
Kennesaw has a lot to offer for just about any type of traveler, regardless of gender or age group. The next time you find yourself in Georgia, you should make it a point to visit Kennesaw and explore its botanical gardens, scenic trails, parks, and incredible skyline views. Many people who visit Atlanta make it a point to visit Kennesaw without fail because this town is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the busy city of Atlanta.