Starlink broadband is now available for pre-order in India. Availability is limited and the company notes that it will accept orders on a first-come, first-served basis.
Elon Musk-backed SpaceX’s satellite-based Internet service, Starlink, is now available for pre-order in India for $ 99, which is approximately Rs 7300. Starlink’s internet connectivity is expected to be available to Indian users by 2022, which will launch SpaceX. Orbit. It is currently in beta-testing phase.
“At a time when more people are working from home and more students are participating in virtual learning, internet connectivity is more important than ever. With Starlink, we’re able to deploy quickly to areas that need it most,” SpaceX on Twitter wrote “Starlink satellites are over 60 times closer to Earth than traditional satellites, resulting in lower latency and the ability to support services typically not possible with traditional satellite internet,” the company notes on its website touting the convenience the lower latency will give in making video calls and for online gaming.
Also Read: How do I get Falcon in PUBG Mobile Lite?
Starlink is reportedly looking to eventually deliver high-speed internet to download 1 Gbps or upload speeds to its users. So far, it offers speeds of up to 150 Mbps which is reported to double to 300 Mbps through testing. Coming to latency, the company notes that StarLink latency will range from 20ms to 40ms at most locations.
Now, Indian users can deposit $ 99 on Starlink’s website to pre-order a broadband connection. However, if the company fails to follow the speculation of giving internet connection to the users in 2022, this amount will be refunded to the users.
How To Order Starlink Broadband Online
- Visit Starlink’s website https://www.starlink.com/
- The website shows an Order Now section.
- Enter your service address or the area where you want the service.
- If your address is eligible for service, you will see a list of adjacent areas.
- Select order now.
- If your address is eligible for service, you will be directed to a page to enter further details.
- Starlink will also take a header to the page that says the company is targeting coverage in your area with limited availability in 2022 and on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Users are required to enter details such as their first name, last name, phone number and email address.
- They have to put in their card details to make a $ 99 deposit.
In January, Airtel announced that it had become the first Telco in the country to successfully showcase and orchestrate the 5G service on a commercial network in the city of Hyderabad. During a press briefing, when Airtel MD and CEO Gopal Vittal was asked whether space technology like Starlink is a competition, he said that space is a completely different use case and aimed at working where negligible networks. is available.
Reports came in late 2020 about Google introducing high-speed Internet in negligible network areas to negotiate with Jio and Airtel. The technology is part of Project Tara that uses light to transmit information at super high speeds through the air in the form of a very narrow, invisible beam – it is similar to fiber but without cables, according to Project X , Is a company within Google.