The abbreviation YH means “Yeah” or “yahoo.”
“Yeah.” YH broadly means “Yeah.” This is a quick answer in Pushtimarg (ie, to say Yeah). YH from the sender can sometimes indicate satire or exaggeration. However, this is more likely when the sender only uses YHYH (“Yeah, Yeah”) instead of YH.
“Yahoo.” As YH is one such popular search term, it is also likely that it is used as a quick way to reach the US web service provider Yahoo. However, some search engines have made a connection between YH and Yahoo.
Examples of YH in Sentence
Here are examples of YH being used in conversation with the meaning “yes”:
- Jill: The size of her belt will be the equator.
- Jenny: YH!
- Danny: Russian dolls are full of themselves.
- Carl: YH.
Academic Look at YH
YH is a shortened version of “Yeah” or “yahoo”. Therefore, it is a contraction. Contractions are formed in one of three ways:
- Using the letter from the beginning and end of the word (eg, doctor to dr).
- Using an apostrophe to replace a letter or letters (eg, cannot from).
- Using letters from the beginning of the word (eg, apparently obv).
For reasons of brevity in text-based conversations, contraction times occur rarely after / full pause and apostrophs are regularly omitted.
What did we say
Before the digital age, we might have said “Yeah” instead of using YH for short.